Thursday 22 July 2010

Books Delivered

All the books from the reading list were delivered last Saturday, in a box partly open and some of the books had rainwater damage :( Not happy! but decided to keep them as they were ok to read.

The certification guide is version 4. This is the central book, flicked through it all and it appears to be not that difficult ( he says!). I think I'l leave out the IGP's from this book and in their place read the Routing TCP/IP vol1. Similarly I'l leave out the BGP section from the cert guide and read the Routing TCP/IP vol2 instead.

Some good news, I may have a Catalyst 6509 to play with in a few weeks!

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking down this path too but still currently donig CCNP. Plan to do CCDP first though then choose between CCIE or CCDE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my blog. I seriously thought about pursuing CCDP but I decided to get the CCIE out of the way first. For the CCNP, I think the most difficult exam was the BSCI (the routing exam).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm just a little timid in that respect in that I'm not even sure I can pull off the CCIE so I'm getting my confidence up by doing CCNP+CCDP first.

    As for hardest exam, yes I've heard that BSCI/ROUTE is the harder part, which is good because I've already passed ROUTE. I'm now studying for SWITCH.

    Hopefully by the time I finish CCNP+CCDP I will feel confident enough to persue either CCIE or CCDE.

    BTW, enjoying your blog so far. I work for an IT services company and thus have a bunch of old routers in my lab which is handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your prime objective is the CCIE then from my experience I think you should just go for the CCIE after the CCNP. Do not be afraid, if you can do the CCNP, then you can also do the CCIE.

    I've just started reading the CCIE cert guide and it really is not that difficult.

    ReplyDelete