Wednesday 28 July 2010

Lab Kit List

Have not done any studying yet to be honest, workload at work has dramatically increased due to a datacentre move that I'm involved in. But that should be over in a week or two.

Lab kit looks like it's making progress. I've acquired a couple of PIX firewalls and an old 2600 series router. Not much but it's a start. However I've been offered help by my employer who is willing to get me whatever they can. So they require a kit list.

This is what I'm thinking of asking for:
  • 4x 3560 switches (24 port Fast Ethernet, 2 Gig )
  • 3x 1841 series routers
  • 1x 3825 series router with EtherSwitch Module
  • 6x 2800 series routers (2 serial 2 ethernet ports)
  • 1x 2522 router (for use as frame relay switch)

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget a router to act as your terminal server. You want to be able to operate this lab remotely. I use a 2620 with an ASYNC32 module and some octal cables. Works a treat.
    When I did my CCNA Security we didn't touch PIX/ASA firewalls at all but used routers with the firewall feature set and thus used tools like SDM as opposed to ASDM. Worth considering as the IOS and config are different enough to be an issue.

    My understanding was you dealt with the hardware firewalls (PIX/ASA) when you did the security stream like CCSP or CCIE Security.

    ReplyDelete