Tuesday 3 August 2010

Studying Begins

Finally started studying! reviewed my CCNA notes and then started reading chapter one from the cert guide. Basics really, but I want to read every page so I don't miss anything important.

I've decided to type any notes I make straight in to a word file. The idea is to index the notes according to the exam blueprint topics once I've finished the notes. Also to maybe convert them to webpages and make the topics searchable etc for easy reviewing.

My fellow collegue, a Network engineer handed in his notice today. He completed his CCNP and has found a better paid and more engaging role elsewhere. Sad to see him go but hey it means I can now get more involved in any work thats available :)

4 comments:

  1. Sad to see someone leave the company. Did you ever thinking about doing CCNP first as a stepping stone? I've heard its a bigger ask going straight from CCNA to CCIE though Cisco lets you. Perhaps I'm not as confident that I could pull that off so I'm going via CCNP+CCDP first.

    Good luck with the study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have completed the CCNP as well recently. It would be crazy to go from CCNA to CCIE. I have some good notes from both my CCNA and CCNP studies which are useful for reviewing topics not touched for a while.

    Good luck with the switching exam. Make sure you learn STP, RSTP etc. I remember there were quite a few questions on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nadeem
    I'll be following ur blog and preparing with you in parallel ,
    Let me introduce ma self ,My name is Ahmed living in Egypt , Im working as a IP Solution Architect for a Telecom Vendor ,
    Im CCNP/CCIP working now on CCDP
    i've very good knowledge of MPLS Networks / VoIP
    and Excellent Experience in Juniper , Cisco , Redback .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ahmed,

    Welcome to the blog. Good luck with your studies, sounds like you have a good skill set already. Good to have MPLS knowlege, its the way most companies are heading. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete